Experience life on the farm! We offer guided tours highlighting family farm life at the beginning of the 20th century. Tours can accommodate all group types including; schools, scouts, religious groups, families, special needs, etc. Plan on one hour for your tour.
Through a grant, Wheeler Historic Farm and the Friends of Wheeler Farm worked together to spiff up our school tours and tour curriculum. This exciting project includes teacher resources for school tour preparation, lesson plans, information on turn-of-the-century agriculture and a timeline of the Wheeler Family. Find this and more at the Wheeler Farm Friends website
Field Trip & Tour Options
Farm Tour: $3 per person (Title 1 Schools $2 per person):
Make butter, blacksmith demonstration, enjoy a wagon ride, learn about the animals , and take a glimpse into old-fashioned farm living.
House Tour: $3.50 per person:
In addition to the Farm Tour, participants will enter the Historic Farm House main floor, a downstairs tour of the farmhouse museum.
Wagon Ride only (Self Guided Tour): $2 per child, $3 adult:
Some schools visit the farm on their own, without a tour guide. If you would like to add a wagon ride to your visit, we recommend making a reservation, as wagon rides can sell out on busy Spring days.
Farm Tour with Pumpkin Days (October): $8 per person:
In addition to the Farm Tour, this tour will include entrance into the hay maze and a pumpkin.
How to Reserve Your Tour
Call Wheeler Farm to check tentative availability for your requested dates.
Send in TOUR REQUEST FORM either by fax or email.
Once received, The FARM will review your request within 24—48 hours (1—2 business days) and contact you regarding your tour.
The Farm will place a tentative hold on your available date and send you a confirmation letter by fax or email).
A payment must be received within one week to confirm your tour date. Payments can be made by cash, VISA, MasterCard, Discover, cashier check or money order. No checks unless being paid from a school district or approved public school administration.
Tours reserved within one week of the tour date must be paid in full at the time of reservation.
The Fine Print
- Tours must be reserved minimum of one week in advance. Full payment is due upon tour approval. Payments can be made in-person or by phone with cash, VISA, MasterCard, Discover, cashier check or money order.
- Your reservation is NOT complete until you’ve received a Confirmation Letter and your account is paid in full.
- Tour fees are charged for students, teachers and chaperones. Please estimate as close as possible. There is an additional late fee of $1 per person paid the day of. Due to scheduling of guides this will be limited to five individuals.
- Tour Cost: $3, $2, or $3.50 per person (adults and children 2 years and older) depending on the tour selected.
- Cancellation: We require 48 hours notice for any cancellation and a 25% cancellation fee will apply.
- Inclement Weather: Cancellations due to snow/rain can be rescheduled for a later date or refunded in full.
- No Call/No Show: Results in a forfeiture of all monies paid to Wheeler Farm. We take a loss when this occurs.
- Tours start on the designated hour. We are unable to extend the time of a tour in the event of a late arrival.